To determine a Right-For-You Goal
A life plan that you can begin to follow deliberately.
Step 1 On a clean sheet of paper, make a list of gopals. This list contains goals you are already pursuing or have thought about pursuing or that are stimulated by the following questions:
1. What do you want to achieve in the next year?
2. What do you want to own by the end of next year?
3. What would you like to do by the end of next year?
4. What excites you most?
5. What would you have to become to do what you want?
6. Where would you like to be in two years?
7. Where would you like to be in five years?
8. Where would you like to be in ten years?
9. Where would you like to be in twenty years?
10. Where would you like to be in fifty years?
11. Where would you like to be in one hundred years?
12. Where would you like to be in one thousand years?
13. What goals have you given up on?
14. What would you really like to do?
15. If you knew you couldn't fail, what would you attempt?
16. When are you happiest?
17. What do the people do you admire do?
18. What were your goals when you were younger?
19. What would you like to do just for the heck of it?
20. What so you consider to be too late to start on?
21. If it weren't for ____________, what would you do?
22. What might not be impossible?
On your list, rate foals you are most inerested in according to the following seven criteria: Rate (1) very doubtful to (5) very certain.
1. The goal invites your attention and interest. Thinking about it renews your strength. 1 2 3 4 5
2. Pursuit of the goal produces something of value in you. 1 2 3 4 5
3. The goal offers benefits to others equal to your own. 1 2 3 4 5
4. The goal presents an opportunity for self development (greater competence, understanding, or responsibility). 1 2 3 4 5
5. The goal is in alignment with a broader group goal and a still broader humankind goal. 1 2 3 4 5
6. The goal allows personal creativity and some degree of self management. 1 2 3 4 5
7. The goal presents the opportunity for personal recognition and some receipt of others' admiration. 1 2 3 4 5